These are just my thoughts, and they are in brainstorm format more than anything else.
In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, this.
Okay. Writing all my ideas after only one view first. I watched it exactly at noon, and have thought about it since then, so these are my ideas after almost two hours of thought and only one view. (and much twitter conversation, mostly with @beyonddeities)
- Doesn’t seem cohesive with the song.
- Repo! The Genetic Opera. The heart? What?
- It was released on Glee day. Gaga said she loved the Glee ep featuring her songs. So.
- Gaga is a boy okay.
- I just don’t think it meshes up with the song. I have specific mental associations with that song and it just doesn’t fit. I understand that songs mean different things to different people. This doesn’t fit my idea of what this song means.
- The things that @beyonddeities said in her sleep-deprived state.
- “I find the simple colours powerful, because what she is doing is going to anger people. Its beautiful.”
- “And the choreography just..captures the androgyny, the ~freeness of sexuality in the barren landscape, the wars of us.”
- “Maybe she’s going against what we’re used to.. She’s creating a solemn element, a slower pace that works with the song? I mean making us uncomfortable is part of the whole idea… I think.”
This. This. I. I get it? I mean. Idk, I just, the fact that there could have been seven million things going on in her mind while she made this video. The fact that we are likely to never know what she was thinking, and what her true meanings are.
- This tweet from @ChrisCrocker. “Alejandro is @LadyGaga’s best video thus far. She is preparing us for less fashion oriented videos. She’s making you bitches focus on art.” Yes, but what kind of art? Going back to my last point, we don’t know. We really have no idea, which I guess is the point of art. Getting us to think of our own meanings. But I already had my own meaning for the song, and now my meaning for the song is having a hard time agreeing with my meaning for the video.
Look, I don’t even know. I need to watch it a few more times, these are just my initial thoughts.
ALEJANDRO. My thoughts – PART ONE by Marie Hicks, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.